Create a fun Comic-Con-inspired photo backdrop or play zone similar to those at San Diego's most visually exciting celebration! Our Superhero Skyline is easy to make and guaranteed to be the perfect backdrop or decoration for your Comic-Con-themed party, playroom or family photo.
- Several shipping boxes in various sizes
- Black paint (spray paint or semi-gloss house paint works best)
- White or yellow duct tape
- Secure the seams of all boxes with tape.
- Paint the boxes black you will likely need two coats). Allow plenty of time to dry thoroughly.
- Cut duct tape into 4” strips and position like windows around the outside of the boxes. Use a chalk outline if you ‘re concerned about keeping lines even. Leave spaces for "windows" that might have the lights off.
- Get creative! Use oatmeal containers and uniquely-shaped boxes for water towers and other interesting structures. Don't be afraid to experiment. Party supply stores often have superhero cutouts you can add, or use characters cut from coloring pages.
Check out more “super” ideas for Comic-Con-inspired fun at www.sandiegofamily.com/things-to-do/seasonal-happenings/kids-comic-con-activities-crafts-at-home.
Emily Dolton is a local artist and mom of two boys.