Surprise Mom with this colorful art project that will light up her special day and make a cool piece of wall art for your home. Since the look is achieved from paint drips, each finished product is one-of-a-kind!
Acrylic paint (any four colors)
4 disposable bowls
8 Tbs. water (more, if needed)
Four plastic spoons
Blank canvas (any size)
Shallow plastic bucket (or pieces of cardboard/newspaper for work surface)
- Pour ½ cup of each paint color into separate bowls. The size of the canvas will determine how much paint is needed.
- Pour two tablespoons water into each bowl of paint.
- Mix the water and paint well. The mixture should be moderately runny. Add another ½ teaspoon water to the mixture, if needed.
- Working over a bucket, cardboard or newspaper (to catch excess paint), use a plastic spoon to drip spots of paint around the canvas, one color at a time. Make sure the spots cover most of the canvas.
- When you’re happy with the amount of color, pick up the canvas and tilt to allow the paint to run in different directions.
- Allow the canvas to dry completely.
- Using a paint pen, write a short message and/or sign the canvas.
Sydney Hancock is a local high school senior who enjoys creating colorful artwork for friends and family.