Easter Basket Sugar Cookies are not only tasty and festive Easter treats, they are also fun to make with kids! Recipes provided by Jennifer Fishkind, blogger at Princess Pinky Girl.
- Refrigerated, ready-made sugar cookie dough
- Edible Easter Grass or shredded coconut dyed with green food coloring
- Jelly beans or M&M’s in spring colors
- Rainbow Airheads
- Cookie decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll sugar cookie dough into 1-inch balls.
- Press each into the bottom and sides of a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake 9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and use the end of wooden spoon or spatula to press each into a bowl shape.
- Let cool completely, then remove cookies from pan (a knife helps pop them out).
- Cut edible grass into small pieces and place in cups.
- Cut Airheads into narrow strips and shorten length a bit.
- To make basket handles, use a dab of icing on Airhead ends to attach inside the cookie cups.
- Place a few jellybeans on top of the grass.
Visit www.princesspinkygirl.com for more recipes and fun food projects.