An easy recipe (no baking required!) for decadent chocolate almond truffles — the perfect sweet treat for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion. Thank you to Oceanside mom and food blogger Jackie Bruchez (The Seaside Baker) for sharing her recipe!
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
36 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
2 cups white chocolate melting discs, melted
1 Tbs. coconut oil or vegetable oil
Optional: 1 tsp. almond extract
¼ cup red chocolate melting discs
¼ tsp. coconut or vegetable oil
Heart and/or red and pink sprinkles
Optional: Edible silver glitter
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- If adding almond extract, add now.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Melt white chocolate with oil in a microwave-safe bowl for one minute. Let sit for one minute, then stir until smooth.
- Dip balls in white chocolate and place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Optional: Sprinkle some with edible glitter.
- For garnish, melt red chocolate discs and ¼ tsp. oil in microwave-safe bowl for one minute. Let sit for one minute, then stir until smooth. Place in plastic baggie and snip off corner to make “decorator bag.”
- Drizzle balls with red chocolate and garnish with festive sprinkles.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Find more fabulous recipes from Jackie Bruchez at www.theseasidebaker.com.
Published February 2020