This Memorial Day Weekend, spend some time with your family honoring and remembering the sacrifices of our military heroes.
- Don’t miss USS Midway’s Legacy Week, a grand celebration that honors and remembers our military heroes, and celebrates our military heritage. The USS Midway Museum’s “Legacy Week” is the heart and soul of Memorial Day commemoration in San Diego. This year's events and activities will be offered onboard and in a virtual format. Events include a live stream Memorial Day commemoration, interactive Remembrance Wall, Virtual Wreath Ceremony, annual blood drive and more. www.midway.org/exhibits-activities/special-days/legacy-week
- On May 30, watch the 32nd anniversary broadcast of the National Memorial Day Concert that celebrates members of the U.S. armed forces. The National Memorial Day Concert returns for a special presentation on PBS, featuring new performances and tributes filmed around the nation. The special pre-taped 90-minute presentation will feature all-new content dedicated to our service members, their families and all those who have given their lives for our country.
- Encourage the kids to show appreciation for the servicemen and women who risk their lives every day to ensure our freedom. Through Operation Gratitude, you can send handmade items like scarves and hats, write a letter thanking them for their service and more. Note: You don’t need to leave home to mail your handmade items. Click here to order boxes, print postage and have your box picked up by the post office.
- On Memorial Day, be part of the National Moment of Remembrance by pausing for a moment of silence at 3 pm local time. Take a minute to remember and thank those who have died serving our country.
- Show your American pride by making a patriotic patchwork flag with recycled magazines. Find the complete instructions at www.sandiegofamily.com/for-the-kids/crafts-for-kids/4th-of-july-flag-craft.
- Deck your home with red, white and blue! Start by making a patriotic DIY banner that you can display now through the Fourth of July.