Saturday, Sept. 25, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
It’s one of our favorite days of the year—and all activities and resources are free and open to the public! Kids of all abilities will love this event brought to you by the Special Needs Resource Foundation and San Diego Family. Below is just a glimpse of what to expect—there is much more!
- Kids with disabilities show able-bodied kids how to use a wheelchair on our super cool wheelchair course.
- *Visit the Sesame Street-inspired area, where kids can win a new book at the Rubber Ducky Literacy Bathtub and then read on our big comfy rug.
- Wash a kid car and drive it through the FOAMO Car Wash and sensory station.
Arts & Crafts
- Make a Ghostbusters ghost trap and receive a package of ectoplasm slime.
- Embrace the spirit of your favorite Star Wars character while decorating a pool noodle light saber, making a Mandalorian face shield, and crafting a puppet inspired by “The Child.”
- Use your crafting skills to make a quill pen and sign your own school of wizardry acceptance letter.
- Design something super cool at the Wikki Stix Creation Station.
- *Spin the prize wheel for a prize from the toy barrel. Everyone is a winner!
- *Children in attendance receive a free zippered book bag, compliments of the Special Needs Resource Foundation of San Diego. Perfect for collecting all your goodies and information from the event!
- Get a chance to win one of several awesome raffle prizes for kids by completing our resource booth bingo card.
- Play our adaptive Life-Size Candyland Game.
- Take a break outside with giant lawn games (Connect 4 and Jenga).
Stop by the ShopAble Marketplace to peruse and purchase fabulous products and valuable services from business owners with disabilities.
Family Resources & Networking
Resource and service providers will be onsite to speak with parents and offer helpful information. Be sure pick up a copy of Flourishing Families at the Special Needs Resource Foundation of San Diego booth.
Park de la Cruz Recreation Center
3901 Landis St., San Diego, 92105
Register for free tickets: https://2021dayofplay.eventbrite.com
All activities and resources are FREE and open to the public!
*Craft projects and giveaways available while supplies last.