Events from March 18, 2019
- On March 18, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On March 18, 2019Circus Vargas’ 50th anniversary extravaganza is an homage to the golden era of circus in America. Featuring death-defying acrobats, daredevils, aerialists, clowns and jugglers, contortionists and more. Feb. 7-18 at Westfield Mission Valley (1640 Camino del Rio North, San Diego); Feb. 21-March 4 at Westfield Plaza Bonita (3030 Plaza Bonita Rd., National City); March 7-18 at Westfield North County (272 E. Via Rancho Pkwy., Escondido). www.circusvargas.com
- On March 18, 2019The young (and the young at heart) are invited to hit “pause” on their busy lives and recapture the nostalgia of play in this new exhibit. Play hide-and-seek with color-distortion lenses, find out if you can ride a tricycle with square wheels, slip down a 15-foot slide and more. And please, no adulting allowed! Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Fleet Science Center, Balboa Park. www.fleetscience.org
- On March 18, 2019Revel in the colorful wonders of nature in this floral paradise filled with nearly 50 acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers. Also featuring weekend events including Kids' Day, Holi (The Festival of Colors), Blues Day, various workshops and more. March 1-May 12, 9 am-6 pm. $9-$18 admission. 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad. www.theflowerfields.com
- On March 18, 2019View this new exhibit that showcases portraits of naval vessels including mighty aircraft carriers and battleships, as well as personal yachts of presidents and celebrities. Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Gould Eddy Gallery, lower deck of the Berkeley, Maritime Museum of San Diego, 1492 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.sdmaritime.org
- On March 18, 2019Revel in the beauty of cherry blossom trees and check out special ticketed programming that includes workshops, demos and yozakura (viewing cherry blossoms at night), from March 18-21. From March 22-24, browse merchants offering one-of-a-kind crafts, see live performances and enjoy yummy street food and an arts and crafts area for kids. Balboa Park. Tickets at www.niwa.org/cbf19.