Events from March 17, 2019
- On March 17, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On March 17, 2019Trail Guide-led walks with fun facts and stories that connect kids to nature. Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00 a.m. Free. Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center, One Father Junípero Serra Trail, San Carlos. www.mtrp.org.
- On March 17, 2019Circus Vargas’ 50th anniversary extravaganza is an homage to the golden era of circus in America. Featuring death-defying acrobats, daredevils, aerialists, clowns and jugglers, contortionists and more. Feb. 7-18 at Westfield Mission Valley (1640 Camino del Rio North, San Diego); Feb. 21-March 4 at Westfield Plaza Bonita (3030 Plaza Bonita Rd., National City); March 7-18 at Westfield North County (272 E. Via Rancho Pkwy., Escondido). www.circusvargas.com
- On March 17, 2019The young (and the young at heart) are invited to hit “pause” on their busy lives and recapture the nostalgia of play in this new exhibit. Play hide-and-seek with color-distortion lenses, find out if you can ride a tricycle with square wheels, slip down a 15-foot slide and more. And please, no adulting allowed! Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Fleet Science Center, Balboa Park. www.fleetscience.org
- On March 17, 2019Revel in the colorful wonders of nature in this floral paradise filled with nearly 50 acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers. Also featuring weekend events including Kids' Day, Holi (The Festival of Colors), Blues Day, various workshops and more. March 1-May 12, 9 am-6 pm. $9-$18 admission. 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad. www.theflowerfields.com
- On March 17, 2019San Diego Junior Theatre teams up with Music Theatre International and Disney Theatrical Group on this special production. Follow the tale of an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demigod, Maui, who guides her in her quest to become a master way-finder. March 1-17. Fri., 7 pm; Sat. & Sun., 2 pm. Pajama Night: March 8, 7 pm. Casa del Prado Theatre, Balboa Park. For tickets, visit www.juniortheatre.com.
- On March 17, 2019View this new exhibit that showcases portraits of naval vessels including mighty aircraft carriers and battleships, as well as personal yachts of presidents and celebrities. Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Gould Eddy Gallery, lower deck of the Berkeley, Maritime Museum of San Diego, 1492 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.sdmaritime.org
- From March 16, 2019 1:00 pm until March 17, 2019 7:00 pmGet into the St. Patty’s Day spirit with Irish-themed food and green beer, test your skills and try to escape the leprechaun in a wipeout challenge, watch roaming circus acts, enjoy carnival rides and games, and you may even find a pot of gold by the end of the day. March 16 & 17, 1-7 pm. $10-$15. Welk Resorts San Diego, 8845 Lawrence Welk Dr., Escondido. www.stpatricksfamilyfestival.eventbrite.com