Events from November 20, 2018
- On November 20, 2018Birch Aquarium at Scripps presents this new comic book-inspired exhibit about the fascinating adaptations (a.k.a. super powers) of ocean species. See how these creatures have inspired everything from cinema and pop culture to medicine and engineering. Opens June 29; 9 am-5 pm. Included with admission. 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu.
- On November 20, 2018Little ones, ages 5 & under, can explore the natural world through play in this new exhibit space. Visit website for hours and museum admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On November 20, 2018Follow the untold true story of the Witches of Oz in this Broadway sensation showcasing the hits, "Defying Gravity" and "For Good." Through Nov. 25; visit website for show times and tickets. San Diego Civic Theatre, 1100 Third Ave., downtown San Diego. www.broadwaysd.com.
- On November 20, 2018Get to know The Nat’s sparkly side in this all-new “deconstructed” exhibition displaying more than 100 stunning objects from the museum’s mineralogy collection. Open daily; visit website for hours. Included with admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On November 20, 2018Featuring Santa’s Christmas Village, Rudolph’s Christmastown, Rudolph’s Movie Experience and shows like Clyde and Seamore’s Christmas Special and O Wondrous Night. Nov. 17 until Jan. 6; visit website for hours and admission. Interstate 5, exit SeaWorld Dr., San Diego. www.seaworldsandiego.com.