Events from October 21, 2018
- On October 21, 2018Explore the technology behind everything fast at this new exhibit where you can take a closer look at the fastest jets, planes, rockets, cars, motorcycles, boats and bicycles in the world. Different theme each month; this month’s theme is “Drag Racing.” Open daily, 10 am-4:30 pm. $10.75-$19.75; ages 2 & under free. www.sandiegoairandspace.org.
- On October 21, 2018Birch Aquarium at Scripps presents this new comic book-inspired exhibit about the fascinating adaptations (a.k.a. super powers) of ocean species. See how these creatures have inspired everything from cinema and pop culture to medicine and engineering. Opens June 29; 9 am-5 pm. Included with admission. 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu.
- On October 21, 2018Little ones, ages 5 & under, can explore the natural world through play in this new exhibit space. Visit website for hours and museum admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On October 21, 2018The San Diego Museum Council presents this month-long initiative that provides free admission to ages 12 & under at more than 40 art, cultural and science museums and historical sites in the county. Oct. 1-31. Free admission for up to two kids for every adult ticket purchase. To download the Kids Free in October coupon, visit www.sandiegomuseumcouncil.org.
- On October 21, 2018Returning for its 6th season, BOOmont & Fall Fest rises from the dusk as Belmont Park transforms with festive fall thrills and chills throughout the beachfront amusement park, offering Halloween and fall-themed festivities for guests of all ages in October and November! In October, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday (5 pm to closing), plus Wednesday, October 31, all wristbands will be half-off. Guests can enjoy unlimited fun on Halloween-themed rides and attractions. Guests will be able to participate in FREE activities including FREE trick-or-treating from 6:30 to 7:30 pm (Friday–Sunday) and FREE Family Costume Contests each Saturday at 5:30 pm (sign-ups at 5 pm). In November, as Halloween fades away, Fall Fest continues with fall fun for all ages. As part of the season of giving, Belmont Park has partnered with the San Diego Food Bank by offering a FREE RIDE with a donation of 5 canned food items. There will also be fun activities like pie eating contests and free entertainment throughout the month. To honor the military community, Belmont Park introduces its first annual Military & Veterans’ Weekend on October 16-19 from 5 pm to closing, where wristbands will be half-off for all veterans, military and dependents with a valid form of I.D. For more information, visit www.belmontpark.com.
- On October 21, 2018Marvelous acts, live music, colorful youth performers and family-friendly circus fun! Before each show, enjoy a puppetry-making workshop and a parade. Oct. 13 at Golden Hill Recreation Center; Oct. 14 at Azalea Park; Oct. 20 at Park de la Cruz/Cherokee Point Park; Oct. 21 at Gompers Park; Oct. 27 at Officer Jeremy Henwood Memorial Park; Oct. 28 at Colina del Sol Park. Free. www.fernstreetcircus.com/events.
- On October 21, 2018A thrilling combination of ballet, jazz, hip-hop and giant puppets brings Rudyard Kipling's tale of friendship to life. Join Mowgli and his animal pals as they tumble through the jungle, get wrapped up in the coils of Kaa, the snake, and fight off the menacing Sher Khan, the tiger. Oct. 19 & 20, 8 pm; Oct. 21, 2:30 pm. $15-$50. After the Sunday matinee performance, meet your favorite "Jungle Book" characters and enjoy lemonade and treats (tickets: $15). Lyceum Theatre, 79 Horton Plaza, downtown San Diego. www.sandiegoballet.org.
- On October 21, 2018Get in the spooky spirit with Halloween dance parties, trick-or-treating throughout the park (from noon to one hour before park closing) and live shows. Weekends through Oct. 28. Interstate 5, exit SeaWorld Dr., San Diego. www.seaworldsandiego.com.
- From October 20, 2018 10:00 am until October 21, 2018 5:00 pmCheck out the latest products and services for children and families, live entertainment and hands-on activities for the kiddos. Oct. 20 & 21, 10 am-5 pm. For tickets, visit website. Del Mar Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd. www.sandiegokidsexpo.com.