Events from January 21, 2019
- From January 21, 2019 2:00 pm until January 21, 2019 5:00 pmCelebrate the legacy of one of the nation’s most beloved civil rights icons at this annual parade in downtown San Diego featuring floats, high school bands, drill teams, peace and youth organizations, churches, colleges and more. Jan. 20, 2-5 pm. Free. For parade route, visit www.alpha-zsl.org/mlkdayparade.html.
- On January 21, 2019Get to know The Nat’s sparkly side in this all-new “deconstructed” exhibition displaying more than 100 stunning objects from the museum’s mineralogy collection. Open daily; visit website for hours. Included with admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On January 21, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On January 21, 2019Go behind the scenes at SeaWorld as you visit six areas in the park where trainers and keepers talk about why play is important, how play is incorporated into the daily lives of the animals, and how play and learning are interconnected. Jan. 12, 13, 19-21, 26 & 27; visit website for park hours and admission. Interstate 5, exit SeaWorld Dr. https://seaworld.com/san-diego
- On January 21, 2019Featuring specimens, activities and crafts that celebrate local tide pools and the Pacific Ocean. 11 am. Free with museum admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.