Events from April 17, 2019
- On April 17, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On April 17, 2019The young (and the young at heart) are invited to hit “pause” on their busy lives and recapture the nostalgia of play in this new exhibit. Play hide-and-seek with color-distortion lenses, find out if you can ride a tricycle with square wheels, slip down a 15-foot slide and more. And please, no adulting allowed! Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Fleet Science Center, Balboa Park. www.fleetscience.org
- On April 17, 2019Revel in the colorful wonders of nature in this floral paradise filled with nearly 50 acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers. Also featuring weekend events including Kids' Day, Holi (The Festival of Colors), Blues Day, various workshops and more. March 1-May 12, 9 am-6 pm. $9-$18 admission. 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad. www.theflowerfields.com
- On April 17, 2019View this new exhibit that showcases portraits of naval vessels including mighty aircraft carriers and battleships, as well as personal yachts of presidents and celebrities. Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Gould Eddy Gallery, lower deck of the Berkeley, Maritime Museum of San Diego, 1492 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.sdmaritime.org
- On April 17, 2019This new art exhibit features remarkable works from acclaimed members of the Plein Air Painters Association of San Diego. Open daily, 9 am-8 pm. Visit website for museum admission. Compass Gallery, main level of the Berkeley, Maritime Museum of San Diego, 1492 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.sdmaritime.org
- On April 17, 2019See these exotic wonders take flight! Walk among thousands of butterflies of all colors, shapes and sizes in an aviary that also includes exotic birds, lush greenery and flowers. Make sure to wear something bright to get up close and personal with these winged beauties! Through May 12; park open from 9 am-6 pm. Included with park admission. San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Escondido. www.sdzsafaripark.org