Host a baseball-themed birthday party for your little slugger—or celebrate opening day of baseball season or the start of summer with friends and neighbors. Here are six baseball-inspired ideas from local bloggers Alisa and Marissa at www.allingoodtwine.com.
1. Create a “concession stand” with plenty of snacks you would find at a baseball game: popcorn, peanuts, red vines, sunflower seeds, Cracker Jacks and bubble gum. Find bushel baskets, chalkboard food labels, and striped and gingham wax papers (to line the baskets) at a local craft store.
2. Cut paper lunch bags in half with decorative scissors for guests to put snacks in as they munch throughout the party. Use baseball stickers to decorate the bags or make baseball tags with a circle punch and white cardstock. Draw "stitching" with a red sharpie.
3. Keep the menu simple with hot dogs and all the fixings, chili cheese nachos, potato salad and fruit salad. Write hot dog suggestions on a chalkboard menu. The All-American Dog, Chicago Dog, Chili Cheese Dog and New Yorker Dog (sauerkraut, onions and spicy brown mustard) are popular. Craft paper food trays are perfect for serving nachos and hot dogs.
4. Lawn games (croquet, bocce ball) and a few beach balls (no baseball event is complete without them) add to the fun!
5. To decorate, hang a festive red, white and blue fabric bunting (discover where to order one at www.SNRFSD.org/celebrate-jasmines-bunting-company) or make one with colored paper. Cover tables with simple white linens and a burlap runner. Place mason jars filled with sunflowers around the tables to add a pop of color.
6. For dessert, ice cream sandwiches or cotton candy would fit the theme perfectly!
Photos and ideas provided by Alisa and Marissa at www.allingoodtwine.com.
For more inspired party ideas, visit San Diego Family’s Baseball Party Pinterest board at www.pinterest.com/sandiegofamily/baseball-party.
Published July 2016