These cute cookies from blogger Norene Cox are perfect for a holiday gathering or tea party. Even Martha Stewart called them “adorable.” True story.
¼ cup white candy coating
4 mini candy canes
4 large marshmallows
16 oz. container chocolate frosting
12 Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
7 oz. pouch store-bought white cookie icing
4 store-bought tea cookies
40 small tree sprinkles
4 large tree sprinkles
1. Melt the candy coating in a small microwave-safe bowl according to the package instructions.
2. Cut a candy cane at the curve. Dip the ends into the melted candy coating and push
them into side of marshmallow. Hold it in place until it hardens and is secure.
3. Using a small knife, spread a small amount of chocolate frosting on top of a marshmallow, leaving a small rim. Top with three Mallow Bits.
4. Frost a cookie with white icing. Place the marshmallow in the middle of the cookie.
5. Place 10 small tree sprinkles around the perimeter of the cookie.
6. Attach a large tree sprinkle to the front of the marshmallow using the candy coating.
Recipe provided by Norene Cox, blogger, mom of two boys and author of her new book, Sweet Treats for the Holidays.
Published: November 2014