Events from December 30, 2018
- On December 30, 2018Birch Aquarium at Scripps presents this new comic book-inspired exhibit about the fascinating adaptations (a.k.a. super powers) of ocean species. See how these creatures have inspired everything from cinema and pop culture to medicine and engineering. Opens June 29; 9 am-5 pm. Included with admission. 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu.
- On December 30, 2018Get to know The Nat’s sparkly side in this all-new “deconstructed” exhibition displaying more than 100 stunning objects from the museum’s mineralogy collection. Open daily; visit website for hours. Included with admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On December 30, 2018Featuring Santa’s Christmas Village, Rudolph’s Christmastown, Rudolph’s Movie Experience and shows like Clyde and Seamore’s Christmas Special and O Wondrous Night. Nov. 17 until Jan. 6; visit website for hours and admission. Interstate 5, exit SeaWorld Dr., San Diego. www.seaworldsandiego.com.
- On December 30, 2018See the world’s largest LEGO Christmas tree, have your photo taken with a life-sized LEGO brick Santa and reindeer, watch a holiday show featuring the LEGO Friends, listen to carols performed by the Yule Tides and more. Nov. 17-Jan. 1; visit website for hours and admission. LEGOLAND California Resort, Carlsbad. www.legoland.com.
- On December 30, 2018Open Nov. 17-Jan. 6, 10 am-10 pm (except Thanksgiving and Christmas). $13-$15 includes skate rental and helmets. Net proceeds benefit psychosocial services in the Rady Children’s Hospital’s Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders. www.radychildrensicerink.org.
- On December 30, 2018Bring the family to enjoy the holiday classic adapted from Charles Dickens' timeless tale of hope and redemption. Featuring original music, puppetry and live sound effects. Through Dec. 30; visit website for schedule and tickets. Come to Family Day on Dec. 2 (1-2 pm) that includes an activity station by Geppetto’s Toys, kids’ activities, free hot chocolate and more. 4040 Twiggs St., San Diego. www.cygnettheatre.com.
- From December 01, 2018 9:00 am until December 31, 2018 5:00 pmDeck the Hall (of Fishes) and get into the holiday spirit with special appearances by Scuba Santa, themed animal encounters, a scavenger hunt and more. Dec. 1-31, 9 am-5 pm. Note: No holiday dive shows on Dec. 24 & 31; only elves will appear in the dive shows from Dec. 26-30. Free with admission. Birch Aquarium, 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu.