Events from November 16, 2018
- From November 16, 2018 5:30 pm until November 16, 2018 8:30 pmA tree lighting ceremony (6:15 pm), snow sledding, photos with Santa, carriage rides, carolers, crafts and more. 5:30-8:30 pm. Free admission. Santee Trolley Square, 9884 Mission Gorge Rd. www.cityofsanteeca.gov.
- On November 16, 2018Birch Aquarium at Scripps presents this new comic book-inspired exhibit about the fascinating adaptations (a.k.a. super powers) of ocean species. See how these creatures have inspired everything from cinema and pop culture to medicine and engineering. Opens June 29; 9 am-5 pm. Included with admission. 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu.
- On November 16, 2018Little ones, ages 5 & under, can explore the natural world through play in this new exhibit space. Visit website for hours and museum admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On November 16, 2018Returning for its 6th season, BOOmont & Fall Fest rises from the dusk as Belmont Park transforms with festive fall thrills and chills throughout the beachfront amusement park, offering Halloween and fall-themed festivities for guests of all ages in October and November! In October, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday (5 pm to closing), plus Wednesday, October 31, all wristbands will be half-off. Guests can enjoy unlimited fun on Halloween-themed rides and attractions. Guests will be able to participate in FREE activities including FREE trick-or-treating from 6:30 to 7:30 pm (Friday–Sunday) and FREE Family Costume Contests each Saturday at 5:30 pm (sign-ups at 5 pm). In November, as Halloween fades away, Fall Fest continues with fall fun for all ages. As part of the season of giving, Belmont Park has partnered with the San Diego Food Bank by offering a FREE RIDE with a donation of 5 canned food items. There will also be fun activities like pie eating contests and free entertainment throughout the month. To honor the military community, Belmont Park introduces its first annual Military & Veterans’ Weekend on October 16-19 from 5 pm to closing, where wristbands will be half-off for all veterans, military and dependents with a valid form of I.D. For more information, visit www.belmontpark.com.
- On November 16, 2018Follow the untold true story of the Witches of Oz in this Broadway sensation showcasing the hits, "Defying Gravity" and "For Good." Through Nov. 25; visit website for show times and tickets. San Diego Civic Theatre, 1100 Third Ave., downtown San Diego. www.broadwaysd.com.
- On November 16, 2018Enjoy activities like pie-eating contests (Saturdays, 5:30 pm) and entertainment. Belmont Park has also partnered with the San Diego Food Bank by offering a free ride with a donation of 5 canned food items. Fri., Sat. & Sun. (plus Nov. 12), 5 pm until closing. Free admission. 3146 Mission Blvd., San Diego. www.belmontpark.com.
- On November 16, 2018Get to know The Nat’s sparkly side in this all-new “deconstructed” exhibition displaying more than 100 stunning objects from the museum’s mineralogy collection. Open daily; visit website for hours. Included with admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.