Events from October 31, 2018
- On October 31, 2018Explore the technology behind everything fast at this new exhibit where you can take a closer look at the fastest jets, planes, rockets, cars, motorcycles, boats and bicycles in the world. Different theme each month; this month’s theme is “Drag Racing.” Open daily, 10 am-4:30 pm. $10.75-$19.75; ages 2 & under free. www.sandiegoairandspace.org.
- On October 31, 2018Birch Aquarium at Scripps presents this new comic book-inspired exhibit about the fascinating adaptations (a.k.a. super powers) of ocean species. See how these creatures have inspired everything from cinema and pop culture to medicine and engineering. Opens June 29; 9 am-5 pm. Included with admission. 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu.
- On October 31, 2018Little ones, ages 5 & under, can explore the natural world through play in this new exhibit space. Visit website for hours and museum admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On October 31, 2018The San Diego Museum Council presents this month-long initiative that provides free admission to ages 12 & under at more than 40 art, cultural and science museums and historical sites in the county. Oct. 1-31. Free admission for up to two kids for every adult ticket purchase. To download the Kids Free in October coupon, visit www.sandiegomuseumcouncil.org.
- On October 31, 2018Returning for its 6th season, BOOmont & Fall Fest rises from the dusk as Belmont Park transforms with festive fall thrills and chills throughout the beachfront amusement park, offering Halloween and fall-themed festivities for guests of all ages in October and November! In October, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday (5 pm to closing), plus Wednesday, October 31, all wristbands will be half-off. Guests can enjoy unlimited fun on Halloween-themed rides and attractions. Guests will be able to participate in FREE activities including FREE trick-or-treating from 6:30 to 7:30 pm (Friday–Sunday) and FREE Family Costume Contests each Saturday at 5:30 pm (sign-ups at 5 pm). In November, as Halloween fades away, Fall Fest continues with fall fun for all ages. As part of the season of giving, Belmont Park has partnered with the San Diego Food Bank by offering a FREE RIDE with a donation of 5 canned food items. There will also be fun activities like pie eating contests and free entertainment throughout the month. To honor the military community, Belmont Park introduces its first annual Military & Veterans’ Weekend on October 16-19 from 5 pm to closing, where wristbands will be half-off for all veterans, military and dependents with a valid form of I.D. For more information, visit www.belmontpark.com.