Events from September 22, 2018
- From September 22, 2018 10:00 am until September 23, 2018 5:00 pmA pie-baking contest, old-fashioned games, face painting, a pumpkin patch, a petting zoo, a quilt display, vendors and more. Sept. 22 & 23, 10 am-5 pm. Free admission. Julian Farm & Orchard, 4381 Hwy. 78, Julian/Wynola. www.visitjulian.com/julians-country-fair.
- From September 22, 2018 9:00 am until September 23, 2018 4:00 pmJourney to the islands of Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia through entertainment, food, vendors and cultural booths. Sept. 22 & 23, 9 am-4 pm. Free admission. Ski Beach, Mission Bay. www.pifasandiego.com.
- From September 22, 2018 9:00 am until September 22, 2018 3:00 pmFind hundreds of varieties of plants as well as unique garden items, shop for garden art and tools, and see demos on flower arranging, growing plants in small spaces, the latest on composting and more. 9 am-3 pm. Casa del Prado and adjoining patios, Balboa Park. www.mastergardenersd.org.
- On September 22, 2018Explore the technology behind everything fast at this new exhibit where you can take a closer look at the fastest jets, planes, rockets, cars, motorcycles, boats and bicycles in the world. Different theme each month; this month’s theme is “Drag Racing.” Open daily, 10 am-4:30 pm. $10.75-$19.75; ages 2 & under free. www.sandiegoairandspace.org.
- On September 22, 2018Birch Aquarium at Scripps presents this new comic book-inspired exhibit about the fascinating adaptations (a.k.a. super powers) of ocean species. See how these creatures have inspired everything from cinema and pop culture to medicine and engineering. Opens June 29; 9 am-5 pm. Included with admission. 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu.
- On September 22, 2018Little ones, ages 5 & under, can explore the natural world through play in this new exhibit space. Visit website for hours and museum admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On September 22, 2018Participating museums across the country will open their doors for free to emulate the spirit of the Smithsonian Institution’s Washington, D.C.-based facilities which offer free admission every day. To download your free Museum Day ticket, go to www.smithsonian.com/museumday.
- On September 22, 2018Unleash your artsy side at this brand-new art festival with more than 200 artists showcasing every medium of fine art, as well as live music, food trucks and interactive art experiences. Get the chance to see approximately 50 chalk artists create temporary masterpieces on the asphalt live during the event. Sept. 22, 11 am-6 pm & Sept. 23, 11 am-5 pm. $15. Along Armada Dr. www.artwalksandiego.org/carlsbad.