Events from March 31, 2019
- On March 31, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On March 31, 2019The young (and the young at heart) are invited to hit “pause” on their busy lives and recapture the nostalgia of play in this new exhibit. Play hide-and-seek with color-distortion lenses, find out if you can ride a tricycle with square wheels, slip down a 15-foot slide and more. And please, no adulting allowed! Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Fleet Science Center, Balboa Park. www.fleetscience.org
- On March 31, 2019Revel in the colorful wonders of nature in this floral paradise filled with nearly 50 acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers. Also featuring weekend events including Kids' Day, Holi (The Festival of Colors), Blues Day, various workshops and more. March 1-May 12, 9 am-6 pm. $9-$18 admission. 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad. www.theflowerfields.com
- On March 31, 2019View this new exhibit that showcases portraits of naval vessels including mighty aircraft carriers and battleships, as well as personal yachts of presidents and celebrities. Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Gould Eddy Gallery, lower deck of the Berkeley, Maritime Museum of San Diego, 1492 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.sdmaritime.org
- On March 31, 2019Maritime Museum of San Diego, home to one of the world’s largest collections of historic vessels from sail to steam to submarine, announces three return performances of "Boarded!" on Saturday, March 31, November 30 and December 28. This hilarious interactive show puts visitors right in the middle of the pirate action. Participants will be sworn in as part of the ship crew, trained how to navigate, sword fight, bail water from a sinking ship, escape from the Kings Jail, swab the deck and other pirate skills. Performances are 90 minutes and check in times are 10:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Tickets to this popular live pirate performance Boarded staged aboard Californian, the official tall ship of the State of California, will be available at $30.00 for adults and $20.00 for children age 3-12. Tickets can be purchased online in advance at www.sdmaritime.org or at the Maritime Museum ticket booth, Star of India information tent, or Gift Shop located at 1492 N. Harbor Drive, downtown San Diego.