Events from March 27, 2019
- On March 27, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On March 27, 2019Trail Guide-led walks with fun facts and stories that connect kids to nature. Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00 a.m. Free. Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center, One Father Junípero Serra Trail, San Carlos. www.mtrp.org.
- On March 27, 2019The young (and the young at heart) are invited to hit “pause” on their busy lives and recapture the nostalgia of play in this new exhibit. Play hide-and-seek with color-distortion lenses, find out if you can ride a tricycle with square wheels, slip down a 15-foot slide and more. And please, no adulting allowed! Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Fleet Science Center, Balboa Park. www.fleetscience.org
- On March 27, 2019Revel in the colorful wonders of nature in this floral paradise filled with nearly 50 acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers. Also featuring weekend events including Kids' Day, Holi (The Festival of Colors), Blues Day, various workshops and more. March 1-May 12, 9 am-6 pm. $9-$18 admission. 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad. www.theflowerfields.com
- On March 27, 2019View this new exhibit that showcases portraits of naval vessels including mighty aircraft carriers and battleships, as well as personal yachts of presidents and celebrities. Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Gould Eddy Gallery, lower deck of the Berkeley, Maritime Museum of San Diego, 1492 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.sdmaritime.org
- On March 27, 2019On March 13, join a fun story time with professional storyteller, Marilyn McPhie. On March 27, sing and dance to the music of children’s band, Hullabaloo. 10-11 am. Included with aquarium admission. For ages 5 & under; must be accompanied by parent or caregiver. Birch Aquarium at Scripps, 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu/experiences/programs/toddler-time