Events from February 27, 2019
- On February 27, 2019Get to know The Nat’s sparkly side in this all-new “deconstructed” exhibition displaying more than 100 stunning objects from the museum’s mineralogy collection. Open daily; visit website for hours. Included with admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On February 27, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On February 27, 2019Trail Guide-led walks with fun facts and stories that connect kids to nature. Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00 a.m. Free. Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center, One Father Junípero Serra Trail, San Carlos. www.mtrp.org.
- On February 27, 2019From Feb. 1-28, explore more than 40 museums for half the price all month long! From Birch Aquarium in La Jolla to the Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park, Museum Month showcases the best in San Diego’s arts, culture and science destinations. Pick up a free Museum Month pass at branch locations or bookmobiles of the San Diego County Library, San Diego Public Library, Chula Vista Public Library and National City Public Library. Learn more at www.sandiegomuseumcouncil.org.
- On February 27, 2019Circus Vargas’ 50th anniversary extravaganza is an homage to the golden era of circus in America. Featuring death-defying acrobats, daredevils, aerialists, clowns and jugglers, contortionists and more. Feb. 7-18 at Westfield Mission Valley (1640 Camino del Rio North, San Diego); Feb. 21-March 4 at Westfield Plaza Bonita (3030 Plaza Bonita Rd., National City); March 7-18 at Westfield North County (272 E. Via Rancho Pkwy., Escondido). www.circusvargas.com
- On February 27, 2019This non-traditional, pop-up museum features an array of blissful exhibits that will inspire you to live, laugh and love. Make sandcastles with your besties, chill in the hugs and kisses lounge, attach a special lock of love on their Paris fence, write something special on a gigantic wishing tree and more. All ages welcome. Through March 15 (except Mondays), 11 am-8 pm; family-friendly hours until 5 pm. $15-$24; ages 3 & under free. 220 N. El Camino Real, Encinitas. For tickets, visit www.museumofwhat.com.
- On February 27, 2019Discover a whole new world courtesy of this hit Broadway musical where one lamp and three wishes make the possibilities infinite! Feb. 20-March 3; visit website for schedule and tickets. For ages 6 & up. San Diego Civic Theatre, 1100 Third Ave., downtown San Diego. www.broadwaysd.com
- On February 27, 2019The young (and the young at heart) are invited to hit “pause” on their busy lives and recapture the nostalgia of play in this new exhibit. Play hide-and-seek with color-distortion lenses, find out if you can ride a tricycle with square wheels, slip down a 15-foot slide and more. And please, no adulting allowed! Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Fleet Science Center, Balboa Park. www.fleetscience.org