Events from February 25, 2019
- On February 25, 2019Get to know The Nat’s sparkly side in this all-new “deconstructed” exhibition displaying more than 100 stunning objects from the museum’s mineralogy collection. Open daily; visit website for hours. Included with admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On February 25, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On February 25, 2019From Feb. 1-28, explore more than 40 museums for half the price all month long! From Birch Aquarium in La Jolla to the Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park, Museum Month showcases the best in San Diego’s arts, culture and science destinations. Pick up a free Museum Month pass at branch locations or bookmobiles of the San Diego County Library, San Diego Public Library, Chula Vista Public Library and National City Public Library. Learn more at www.sandiegomuseumcouncil.org.
- On February 25, 2019Circus Vargas’ 50th anniversary extravaganza is an homage to the golden era of circus in America. Featuring death-defying acrobats, daredevils, aerialists, clowns and jugglers, contortionists and more. Feb. 7-18 at Westfield Mission Valley (1640 Camino del Rio North, San Diego); Feb. 21-March 4 at Westfield Plaza Bonita (3030 Plaza Bonita Rd., National City); March 7-18 at Westfield North County (272 E. Via Rancho Pkwy., Escondido). www.circusvargas.com
- On February 25, 2019The young (and the young at heart) are invited to hit “pause” on their busy lives and recapture the nostalgia of play in this new exhibit. Play hide-and-seek with color-distortion lenses, find out if you can ride a tricycle with square wheels, slip down a 15-foot slide and more. And please, no adulting allowed! Open daily; visit website for hours and admission. Fleet Science Center, Balboa Park. www.fleetscience.org