Events from January 20, 2019
- On January 20, 2019Get to know The Nat’s sparkly side in this all-new “deconstructed” exhibition displaying more than 100 stunning objects from the museum’s mineralogy collection. Open daily; visit website for hours. Included with admission. San Diego Natural History Museum, Balboa Park. www.sdnat.org.
- On January 20, 2019Pass sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as you search for the legendary gray whales. Also meet on-board naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum. Through April. 9:30 am-1 pm & 1:30-5 pm. Reservations required. Pier 2, 970 N. Harbor Dr., downtown San Diego. www.hornblower.com.
- On January 20, 2019Experience indoor soccer at its finest, and cheer for the San Diego Sockers as they play against Ontario Fury on Jan. 5 at 7:05 pm. Also, Jan. 11, 7:35 pm (vs. Ontario Fury); Jan. 13, 5:05 pm (vs. El Paso Coyotes); Jan. 20, 5:05 pm (vs. Turlock Express). Pechanga Arena San Diego, 3500 Sports Arena Blvd., San Diego. For tickets, visit www.axs.com.
- On January 20, 2019Trail Guide-led walks with fun facts and stories that connect kids to nature. Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00 a.m. Free. Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center, One Father Junípero Serra Trail, San Carlos. www.mtrp.org.
- On January 20, 2019Based on the best-selling novels, this magical, musical adaptation upends the century-old tale of how a miserable orphan boy becomes the legendary Peter Pan. Jan. 11 & 18, 7 pm; Jan. 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2 pm. $13-$16. Casa del Prado Theatre, Balboa Park. www.juniortheatre.com.
- On January 20, 2019Go behind the scenes at SeaWorld as you visit six areas in the park where trainers and keepers talk about why play is important, how play is incorporated into the daily lives of the animals, and how play and learning are interconnected. Jan. 12, 13, 19-21, 26 & 27; visit website for park hours and admission. Interstate 5, exit SeaWorld Dr. https://seaworld.com/san-diego