Make an edible and festive Hanukkah centerpiece for the children’s table!
10 mini powdered donuts
1 (16-oz) can vanilla frosting
Blue food coloring
9 blue candy canes
9 mini yellow mint chips
Blue jelly beans
1. Stir a few drops of blue food coloring into the can of vanilla frosting until incorporated and the desired blue color is achieved.
2. Using a knife to spread or a 1M swirl decorating tip, frost the tops of 9 donuts (leave one unfrosted). Use frosting to attach one frosted donut to the top of the unfrosted donut; place in the center of the platter.
3. Place 4 donuts on each side of the middle donut.
4. Top with silver dragées (sprinkle candies).
5. Use a small knife to cut the candy canes at the curve.
6. Push a candy cane stick in the center of each donut.
7. Use a bit of frosting to attach the yellow chips to the top of each candy stick.
8. Decorate the rest of the platter with blue jelly beans.
Recipe provided by Norene Cox, blogger, mom of two boys and author of her new book, Sweet Treats for the Holidays.
Published: November 2014