These cute burlap bunnies are fun to create and fill with treats, making them perfect for friends or classmates! Kids can participate in assembly or decorating with adult help.
- Jelly beans or other small candy
- Small plastic baggies
- Twist ties
- Roll of burlap* (available at craft stores), cut into 12” squares
- Pipe cleaners
- Ribbon, cut into 12” pieces
- 12 mm wiggle eyes
- 1.5 cm pom poms
- Glue gun or craft glue
- Pink felt
- Put small amount of candy in each bag and secure with a twist tie.
- Put a bag of candy in the center of a burlap square.
- Pull up two opposite corners of burlap to meet at top.
- Roll the corners down to the candy.
- Take the two remaining corners and gather them in the middle, creating two long bunny ears.
- Use a pipe cleaner to secure ears place.
- Tie a ribbon into a bow over the pipe cleaner.
- Glue on wiggle eyes and pom pom nose.
- Cut felt into long bunny ear shapes that fit on the burlap ears. Adhere with glue.
*A 5-yard roll of burlap yields about fifteen 12” squares.
Diana Buell is a local mom and crafter.
Published April 2017